Saturday, July 02, 2011

So I have been thinking a lot lately about how I have become a person with no real passion about anything. I have been living life trying to catch up with what I have fooled myself to think is the ultimate life having a simple life with my wife, a house with a yard, a dog, a jeep to explore the mountains on the weekends, a cool church to go to and feel good about myself. Something has changed...I find myself, at 26 years old, asking myself what has happened in the last 3 years of my life that has brought me to this very moment that I find myself in? It is a bag full of mixed emotions. I am pissed, sad, anxious, sick to my stomach, and excited. I feel like something has been awakened inside of me that has been asleep or better yet in coma for the past 3 years. I am ready to take on this challenge of not being complacent and to reject apathy. I want to make a difference everyday of my life. I want to help bring a voice to the voiceless and justice to the people being treated unjustly. I want people to experience the real Jesus not the one being sold to them on t-shirts and bumper stickers. I want to rediscover this God I worship. I want to be passionate about things that help others and not about things that have no meaning or worth. I want to see positive change in the community around me and not let it continue to destroy the good things.
This is where it starts...with words...but words are meaningless...until acted upon.
-Tanner

No comments: